5 easy ways to grow your blog’s email list without spending a fortune.
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a seasoned blogger, growing your email list can help you maintain an engaged audience, increase views on your blog, and connect with your community in a more personalized manner.
Before you dive in, you’ll want to figure out why you’re setting up an email newsletter. Is it to focus solely on sharing your weekly blog posts almost as if it’s an RSS feed? Is it because you want to share special content that only your email list will have access to? Or perhaps you’re looking to launch a new product and you want a large group to be your beta testers.
Once you figure out they why, dive right in! If you’re vetting tools, I’d recommend checking out MailChimp. They even have a ‘MailChimp for Bloggers‘ resource guide!
5 Easy Ways to Grow Your Blog’s Email List
I’m not an expert on email marketing, but I do know what’s helped me grow my blog’s little email list. Here are 5 of the easy tips I’ve been implementing myself for growing my list!
- Don’t forget about it. If you’re asking readers to sign up for your email list, don’t leave them high and dry! It’s important to hold up your end of the bargain by providing them with the content you’re initially offering.
- Make it dynamic. For me, that means including two pieces of content each week that aren’t my own. I know what you’re thinking – I have an email list to grow my own blog, so what am I doing? Well, a passion of mine is supporting others! So, I link to two articles or features each week that I loved.
- Share it on social. You’ve created the list, now how are you going to get the word out? Share it on social media! Create sign-up forms (more info in that MailChimp resource guide) and link to those in various tweets, Facebook posts, and even list it in your Instagram bio!
- Include a sign-up form on your site. Incorporate a small sign-up form in your site. In fact, I have two – one in my side bar and one under the featured post. Add some brief text around the form as well, like ‘never miss a post!’ or ‘get on the list’ or even ‘sign up for your weekly dose of X, Y, and Z’.
- Offer an incentive! This is a big one, and worthy of about 10 additional blog posts. Don’t worry, we’ll get there. But, be sure to offer an incentive for signing up. It could be as small as saying subscribers will have access to an additional blog post each month that’s only sent out via email to something as extravagant as a free webinar or resource guide. Right now, I’m offering a free Winter Entertaining Guide chock-full of fun and easy entertaining tips for anyone who subscribes to my list.
Are you working on growing your blog’s email list? What tips & tricks have you found most helpful?
ps. If you want to subscribe and get your own copy of the Winter Entertaining Guide, sign up here!