This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bertolli® and Carando®. All opinions are entirely my own.
What does fall mean to you?
For me, fall means cozy layering with the comfiest clothing, chilly weather, and piping hot meals. Oh, and iced lattes because I drink iced lattes year-round. What can I say? I’m from the north.
However, I am not a fan of recipes that take hours to make. ESPECIALLY during the week. Time is so limited on weekdays; even though I do my best not to live that way, it still happens. It’s tough to avoid, you know? And, working long hours means that time to prep breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be super limited.
So, my typical recipe search looks something like this:
- “30 minute meals”
- “Easy fall dinner recipes”
- “5-ingredient recipes”
I could go on for days, but I think you get the picture. I like simple and easy meals that taste delicious without requiring hours of cooking or prep time. Though, the exception is a good slow cooker meal. YES. PLEASE. To slow cookers and whomever invented them. If I can just throw my ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning, work all day, then come home and dinner is ready? That’s a sure win in my book.
Wait, let’s not get too off track. This isn’t a slow cooker recipe, but it IS one of the easiest fall dinner recipes (and a new favorite, for sure).
5-Ingredient Fall Pasta with Spinach
In the fall and winter (okay, maybe nearly every season), my mom would make the most delicious meatballs in the world. I haven’t had every meatball in the world because that might mean that I’d turn into one, but I can say with 95% confidence that hers are the best.
My sister would help out more than I would (sorry, mom!), so I would get to enjoy the reward with little to no effort. Which brings me to this deliciously easy 5-ingredient fall pasta favorite: It takes less than 30 minutes to make and there’s no hassle involved. None. At. All. Oh, and even better – you can pick up everything you need at your local Stop & Shop.
Take the meatballs for instance, the folks over at Carando already made some delicious meatballs for you, now you just have to throw them in the oven! Boom. Easy as pie.
½ cup Bertolli Vodka Sauce
6 Carando Italian Meatballs
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
2 cups spinach
1 cup pasta (we used orecchiette)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place meatballs about an inch apart. Cook for 10 minutes, then take them out and rotate them. Cook for another 10 minutes.
2. Boil your water, add pasta, and cook 9-11 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add spinach and saute until it’s reduced and heated throughout.
4. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, strain it and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Keep pan over heat and add vodka sauce. Stir until heated throughout.
5. Time to plate: Add a few spoonfuls of vodka sauce to your plate and top with pasta, spinach, and meatballs. If you want to get a little fancy, drizzle some olive oil with a spoon around the plate to garnish.
Don’t mind me, I’ll just be over here celebrating the fact that I found a new favorite fall dish with just 5 ingredients. And with some tasty greens! Sautéed spinach is one of my favorite ways to get those greens in, especially in the chillier months. You just can’t beat them.
What are some of your fall favorite recipes? Bonus points if they’re 30 minutes or less!