End of summer means trying to cram as much summer in as possible. I’m trying to figure out if we can squeeze in any more beach days, day trips, trips to my family’s pool – oh right, and also time to relax. It’s like a sprint to the finish! And one of my favorite things in summer is making s’mores. You know, those mouth-watering, chocolate-dropping, slightly burned marshmallow s’mores. And I only made them ONCE this summer! Obviously that wasn’t enough for me, so the boozy s’mores milkshake was born.
And if you can believe it, it can all be made indoors! Well…if you’ve got a gas stove. Which quite frankly, I totally neglected to plan for. So, when we trekked out to my family’s home for a little birthday celebration for my sister (oh right – and an ice cream truck showed up!), I whipped these up inside with my handy helper, T. He ‘toasted’ the marshmallows right over the stove while I blended the ingredients for the milkshakes.
They taste like a little piece of summer heaven. I mean seriously, it’s a boozy s’mores milkshake! It’s a toasted s’more with a touch of honey (thanks, Drambuie!) in a glass. Doesn’t get much better than that, y’all. Or I guess if summer was a little bit longer…that could be better, too. You know, more time for relaxing on the beach with your summer read, for summer evening walks…you get it.
Well..no matter how quickly summer comes to an end..at least we’ve got fall to look forward to! It’s my favorite of the seasons and despite being sad that I need to cram everything in within the next two weeks or so, I am itching for cooler weather and the newness that fall brings. Okay, now that you’ve heard me ramble on about the weather for all too long, here it is – how to make your very own boozy s’mores milkshake at home!
- 6 scoops of vanilla ice cream (we used vanilla bean)
- 4 oversized marshmallows
- One pack of graham crackers
- Two bars of chocolate (we used a salted almond chocolate - yum!)
- 4 oz Drambuie
- 4 oz vanilla vodka
- 4 oz Godiva chocolate (or white chocolate) liqueur
- Toast marshmallows and assemble your s'mores.
- Blend all liquid ingredients and ice cream until thick and combined.
- Pour into glass and top with chopped bits of leftover chocolate from your bars.
- Add s'mores on top and a marshmallow on a skewer for garnish.
- Depending on the size of your cups, you might need more ice cream!
ps. Make the prep for these milkshakes easy on yourself; order the ingredients from Drizly!