I crave salads maybe two times a month. Usually, they’re not my go-to. I think salads can get boring, frustrating to make, and quite frankly – soggy. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s a soggy salad. No matter how late in the morning I make it to bring to work, it’s soggy.
The other thing that bugs me about salads is that I try to bring the dressing separate, so then I end up with two containers instead of one, which makes a difference when you lug everything with you to work via public transit. Now of course, there are the exceptions – like kale salad, which you can dress and it’s still good even the next day. And now, also this Meyer Lemon Spring Salad.
Meyer Lemon Spring Salad With Garlic Ricotta Recipe
5 beets, a mix of golden and red
2 cups arugula
1 cup sprouts
1 cup ricotta
1 serving Dorot frozen garlic
1 meyer lemon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Chop off leaves & stems of beets, clean with cold water.
2. Wrap beets in foil and bake for about one hour. Check in every 20 minutes and drizzle with 1 tablespoon water if beets look dry.
3. Once soft so that a fork can slide through the beets, take them out of the oven and let them cool. Once cooled, peel with a paper towel and thinly slice (or chop).
4. Pop out one serving of your Dorot frozen garlic and whip with your ricotta. Season with black pepper.
5. Add a heaping tablespoon of garlic ricotta to your plate, add beets, arugula, and sprouts. Season with a squeeze of fresh meyer lemon.
*Makes 4 small servings, or 2 lunch-sized portions.
Always on the Go? Meet Dorot
Now, if you’re not familiar with the Dorot brand, let me introduce you to my new best friend. Really, though. Dorot does all the work for you. They wash, chop, portion, and freeze totally fresh herbs so that you don’t have to worry about all that herb prep. I love using fresh herbs, but the prep that goes into it annoys the heck out of me.
I’m always on the go, which means time for meal prep is basically nonexistent. So, when I get home from a long day of work and am running to an event or after-work meeting, I barely have time to make dinner. Now that I’ve picked up some freshly frozen herbs from Dorot, prep time is basically cut in half.
Take this Meyer Lemon Spring Salad, for example. To make just the garlic ricotta, I would have had to prep the garlic which is probably one of the ingredients I despise prepping most. I hate how tiny I have to chop it up, and yet it’s never minced enough. Yikes.
So, if you’re always on the go like this gal right here, give Dorot a try. It’s changing how I prep my meals (aka, saving me loads of time) and you don’t sacrifice on taste one bit. If you want to learn more, check out their site.
ps. You can find Dorot in your local grocery store! WIN!
What’s up next on your spring menu?