Kickstart your day the right way with this easy & totally tasty Spicy Breakfast Power Bowl recipe!
This post has been sponsored by Uncle Ben’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Who else loves breakfast? I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. I’m talking loaded waffles, tasty breakfast tacos, and now – this Spicy Breakfast Power Bowl. This bowl is packed to the brim with hearty ingredients and a spicy kick. This power bowl packs a punch and I am so into it.
More importantly, this Spicy Breakfast Power Bowl packs a punch that you can prepare ahead of time. There’s nothing worse than a hectic morning where you don’t have time to actually make breakfast. But, it’s the most important meal of the day, y’all! So, I created this particular bowl recipe with that in mind. Some of the bowl can be made the night before, so all you have to do is prepare a few last-minute ingredients and you’re good to take that tasty bowl on the road. Or….enjoy it from the comfort of your own home if you prefer.
Spicy Breakfast Power Bowl Recipe
Ready to whip up your own easy power bowl for breakfast? Here’s my new on-the-go, go-to.
For the bowl:
1 box Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Fast Cook Recipe
2 eggs sunny side up
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pickled red onions
1/2 cup cooked black beans
2 cups baby spinach
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 jalapeño, sliced & seeded
Salt & pepper, to taste
For the Chipotle Lime Crema:
1 teaspoon adobo sauce
3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
Make ahead of time:
1. Prepare your chipotle crema by whisking together your adobo sauce, yogurt, and lime. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Make your pickled red onions and black beans in advance and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Sauté your spinach in a pan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil until heated throughout. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Prepare Uncle Ben’s rice according to instructions.
3. Meanwhile, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a separate pan on medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook until whites are set. Spoon the excess olive oil over the whites until cooked.
4. Assemble bowl with rice, pickled red onions, avocado, jalapeño, eggs, beans, and spinach. Top with Chipotle Lime Crema and another dash of fresh lime juice.
I love make-ahead recipes (like easy overnight oats!) so that come morning, it only takes about 10-15 minutes to prepare breakfast. I’m usually on the go and taking breakfast to work with me, so being able to whip up a hearty breakfast bowl in under 15 minutes is a dream. Plus, the Uncle Ben’s Rice cooks in just a few minutes flat – yes, really. It’s the easiest power bowl base ingredient yet! And so darn tasty, to boot.
And if you’re heading to Target anytime soon (let’s be real, when are we not heading to Target anytime soon?), be sure to use this handy Cartwheel offer running from 2/12/17 to 3/11/17 to save on all Uncle Ben’s products at Target. I stocked up with a few boxes – that’s how good this bowl is.
Do you have a go-to hearty, on-the-go breakfast? Spill!