You know those mornings when you want a huge breakfast, as in your very own personal bunch (ahem…like this, perhaps?), but don’t want to put in the time or effort? I’ve got just the solution for you – super easy 10 minute breakfast tacos. For real. Only 10 minutes.
As I write this, I’m living it up on Cape May and now dreaming of these 10 minute breakfast tacos. They were that good. They’re perfect for whipping up for yourself, or in a big batch for your friends – when you’re feeling generous. I’m known for adoring tacos more than I probably should, but when they’re this versatile – aka breakfast tacos, lunch tacos, dinner tacos, dessert tacos – it’s hard to resist! Actually, when I’ve been asked the age-old question “If you had to eat just one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?” I always pick tacos. It’s embarrassing really.
Make Your Own 10 Minute Breakfast Tacos
If you’ve never made breakfast tacos, they’re easier than they look. I make them different every time depending on what I have in my kitchen. If I’ve got some salsa left over, I’ll use that on top. If I have sriracha, I’ll add that (like I did with these ones). I do the same depending on which fresh produce I have on hand, but I always make sure to add cilantro. It’s just so tasty and flavorful. But, this simple fresh recipe has been my favorite so far. Oh right, and since it only takes 10 minutes to make these tacos, you’re all freed up for pool time this summer!
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon (each) Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- Cotija cheese
- Heat a pan to medium-heat and toss tortillas (one at a time) until heated through.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl.
- Heat another pan to medium-high heat and pour eggs in, add cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper (we love the Magic Unicorn Salt by Beautiful Briny Sea). Continue scrambling.
- While eggs are cooking and tortillas are toasting, wash grape tomatoes and slice in half.
- When tortillas are done, top with eggs, cilantro, grape tomatoes, cotija cheese, and freshly squeezed lime juice.