1/4 cup caramelized onions (see recipe link in post)
1 jalapeño sausage, chopped (or another flavor, if you prefer)
1/4 cup fresh arugula
1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
1 egg, cooked sunny side up
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil on naan.
3. Rub remaining olive oil on arugula (optional)
4. Top naan with crumbled queso fresco (setting about 1 tablespoon aside), caramelized onions, and jalapeño sausage.
5. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Bake until bottom of naan is crispy and lightly browned.
6. Let cool for a few minutes, then top with remaining queso fresco, avocado, arugula, and a sunny side up egg. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
By Gabi Valladares
By Gabriella https://bygabriella.co/
Now, it’s time I admit something to you. This is the first time I’ve made breakfast pizza.
GASP! I know. Two of my favorites and I hadn’t combined them at home until now. So, there were a few things to learn:
Caramelizing onions takes a LONG time, well, if you want to do it the right way. I always burned my caramelized onions because I turned the heat up too high. Or, I undercooked them. All because I’m too impatient. But, I was really craving caramelized onions on this pizza so I was patient, this one time. I also like to use this little guide for caramelized onions via Bon Appétit. It’s a life-saver.
I’m not so great at cooking eggs sunny side up. I’m getting there. I think I added too much oil to the pan, and definitely cooked it for too long. It wasn’t as runny as I’d like, but there was still a bit of ‘run’ there. Perfect for the photo opp, you know? If you’re having trouble with the sunny side up thing, here’s a recipe that may help!
Now, please let me know if you make this naan pizza! Be sure to tag me on Instagram (@gabivalladares) so I can check out your masterpiece 🙂
this looks BOMB. I’m so excited to move into my new apartment so i can get back into the cooking game. i’ll be bookmarking this recipe for sure!
Hey, It looks nice naan pizza. I am following you.you share good recipes with us.
I learn something new. Good, Keep it up