The elusive IKEA plant stand. Just kidding, it’s everywhere. But, it’s adorable and you can buy it on the cheap – what more could a gal ask for?
T. and I spotted it while quickly attempting to furnish our new home and couldn’t pass it up. It’s cute, versatile, and doubles as a mini-bookshelf of sorts. I’m sort of boring, so I picked up the white stand immediately.
But, when I remembered that I had a small sample of the most beautiful pink paint, I knew just what to do. Give in to the (somewhat outdated) dip dyed trend! Sure, it may be so 2015…or 2014, but it was an easy way to spruce up my little semi-boring plant stand.
You can obviously use any color you’d like, but I went with what I already had. Perhaps a nice dark green could work here? Or maybe that’s just because I’m in total winter mode with yesterday’s little snow storm.
This DIY is basically self-explanatory because it’s so easy. AKA, this is the laziest DIY yet. I still love it, though. Here’s how you can DIY your own!
1. Lay your drop cloth, or whatever you’re using to protect your floors, down.
2. Measure and tape off the legs of your plant stand. Remember, the paint will reach the bottom of your tape, not the top! It sounds silly, but it’s easy to forget.
3. Get some paint on your foam brush and paint your little heart out.
4. Let dry per your paint’s instructions.
5. Turn that baby over and load it up with your favorite plants.
As you can see, my lines aren’t totally perfect. But, don’t stress about it! It’s so unnoticeable. And…that just means it has character, right?
So, what’s coming up on your DIY list? I’m trying to figure out what I want to make next, too! The options really are endless.